Ranger Souvenirs & Good Food

At Ranger Graduation, they had a whole tent set up with souvenirs. With everything you could have possibly wanted with the word "Ranger" on it. They even had a "Proud Ranger Wife" shirt. But here's my problem with it.. it had Rhinestones. Ew. Not my thing. In fact, I think a lot of Army wife apparel in general ends up looking pretty tacky. But I won't go into that right now.

I already knew what I wanted before I even drove down to Georgia. A Ranger charm for my necklace and a pair of "Ranger panties" (and no, it's actually not what you think).

Okay.. the charm is pretty straightfoward, you say. But Ranger Panties?

These are Ranger Panties:

Not what you were expecting, eh? Btw I apologize for the extremely dorky picture. "Ranger Panties" are what the army calls the Ranger PT short shorts. Because guys tend to have a hard time wearing short shorts unless they are cross country runners these days. Yes, these are actual PT uniform shorts for Rangers. And since my hubby has the tab now, I decided that means I'm allowed to wear them. James also got a pair, because he's a runner too and he can appreciate such things as well (although he doesn't appreciate the nickname for them). I think it's actually a pretty common thing for Ranger girlfriends/fiances/wives to get a pair. But I do feel a certain sense of more entitlement to wear them, being a runner. But I know I'm just being silly.

And here's my beautiful Ranger charm, right next to my little Airborne wings.


So now I got my souvenirs and I'm all set to return home. I should be ready, right? Nope.

I've never been on a vacation where I cooked this much. And I never had as much time/energy to cook this much at home because of running and my full-time job. But I brought two big bags of baking/cooking stuff from home and I've been making lots of great food for my Ranger. It's been fun. I think I would have liked being a stay-at-home wife. Maybe someday. Here's a couple pics that I took.

Caprese Salad (with dried basil leaves.. because my basil plant is in Chicago and probably long dead), but the tomato made it still worth it.


Cake Batter Pancakes. 'nuf said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit